How to Import PST to Online Archive Office 365
Summary:- Nowadays, when it comes to the cloud-based platform, Office 365 is used by numerous organizations worldwide. It is a safe application and provides a subscription-based policy to manage information via efficient suites of products. Due to its feature-rich nature and performance, it has become the first choice of many professionals. Still, some possibilities happen that insist users import PST to Online archive Office 365.
This blog will describe the step-by-step guide to import PST files into Outlook 365 archive manually. There is also a professional solution to import a PST file into Office 365 Online Archive completely. Firstly, let’s know some facts about the PST file and Online Archive Office 365.
What is a PST File?
PST stands for A Personal Storage Table(.pst) is an Online Outlook Data Files that store users’ data that they save in their inboxes like copies of messages, calendar events, and other items. It stores within popular Microsoft software packages such as Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook.
When you create a new email account in Outlook, Outlook provides a local copy of the information that one easily stores on their device to access later. But, sooner or later, users need to move .pst file content into an Online Archive.
What is the Online Archive in Office 365?
Archiving in Office 365, formerly known as In-Place Archiving, when you email-enabled each Office 365 account as per their features, they will form an Online Archive mailbox. Basically, it is a specialized mailbox that appears equally with the users’ primary mailbox folders. Further, users can also access & store their messages in the archive mailboxes with the help of Outlook or Outlook Web App.
Steps to Enable Online Archive Office 365
- Open Microsoft 365 compliance center and sign in with the required credentials.
- In the left pane of the Microsoft 365 compliance center, opt for Information governance, and click the Archive tab.
- Here, you will find an archive page that shows whether an archive mailbox is enabled or disabled for a particular user.
- From the list of mailboxes, select the user that you need to enable for the archive mailbox.
- You will find detailed information about the chosen user. Click Enable.
- Finally, click Yes to enable the archive mailbox successfully.
How to Import PST to Online Archive Office 365?
This part contains the two best methods to import PST to Online archive Outlook 365. You can import PST files either using the manual solution or by using an automated way.
- Move PST file content into an Online Archive Using Outlook Import/Export:- It is an exclusive free-features provided by Outlook to migrate Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes from one PC to another or restore a backup of your Outlook data.
- Import PST files into Outlook 365 archive Using the Professional Tool:- It is a powerful utility that allows users to import multiple PST files into Online Archive Office 365 at a time without any hassle.
#1 Use Import/Export Option to Move PST File Data into Online Archive Office 365
To import PST files in the Online Archive of Office 365, Microsoft provides an Import/Export feature built on Outlook.
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- In the opening dashboard, click on the File tab.
- Go to Open and Export, and click on the Import/Export option.
- In the Import and Export window, select Import from another program or file from the list. Click Next.
- Choose the Outlook Data File (.pst), then click Next.
- Click on Browse to add the PST files from the directory.
- You can also manage duplicate items using these three options.
- Now, you will find a wizard that displays the folders and sub-folders. It also allows you to assign the destination for the Import from the Exchange locations. Further, if you have logged into your Online Archive, then this will appear in the list.
- Select the top-level folder to move all items of PST.
- Check the Include subfolders checkbox.
- Click the radio button, Import items into the same subfolder in:
- Then from the drop-down list, select Online Archive – <your mailbox>.
- Click on the Finish button, and the content you have selected to copy from the PST gets moved into Online Archive Office 365.
#2 Automated Method To Import PST to Online Archive Office 365
Aryson Import PST to Office 365 Backup Tool is a top-notch utility to upload or move PST file content into the online Archive mailbox of the Office 365 account. It offers options to restore data of PST into In-Place Archive & User Mailbox or Public folder with high precision.
- Allows users to import multiple PST to Online Archive Office 365 mailbox.
- Assign Impersonate Right to export and many filter options.
- You can also import OST files into Online Archive Office 365.
- Able to maintain the folder hierarchy of the uploaded PST files.
- Offers a more secure, reliable, and quick solution to import PST files into Online Archive Office 365.
- Easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface.
- Ideal for both technical & non-technical users.
- To convert or export PST into OST, MSG, MBOX, EML, DOC, Gmail, Thunderbird, AOL, Live Exchange, Office 365, try the Aryson PST Converter Freeware.
Steps to Import PST to Online Archive Office 365
- Download & install the PST to Office 365 Tool and run it.
- Browse the PST from the computer directory and click Next.
- Now, check the files and folders that you want to import.
- Here, you can preview the mail and their attachments. Click Next.
- On the Next wizard, select Office 365 or Live Exchange. (Chosen Saving option is Office 365)
- Enter the Office 365 login credentials and click Sign In.
- Choose the required accounts from the list and click Next.
- Then opt for sub-accounts from the drop-down and hit Next.
- Now, select the In-Place Archive option from the Select Restore Options.
- After that, use the inbuilt features of the software.
- Click Convert to start the importing of PST files into Office 365 account.
- Wait until the process gets completed and save the report.
The blog explains the steps to import PST to Online Archive Office 365 using the Import/Export feature in the Online Archive Office 365. The needful steps are mentioned, along with screenshots for easy understanding. It also includes an expert solution for the quick process to import PST files.